Sunday, September 5, 2010

Finding out the Hard way

Girls like go shopping together right. It's supposed to be fun. Trying on clothes while pregnant, not fun, and it should only be done with a personal cheerleader. On Friday I went on a "arin" day with my mom. We ended up at target where she wanted me pick out something for my birthday. Clothes shopping, this should be fun right? After grabbing every un-ugly pregnant thing in my size, mom sent me into the fitting room while she ran to go get something else...this was not a good idea. With everything I tried on something would look terrible; this shirt makes me look like a large square up top, this dress shows my increasingly large saddle bags off, this is too small because I'm a whale... and so on. Being alone, all these thoughts where in my head with no one to say anything different. I went in to the dressing room with about 20 items and left with 2. 1 out of 10 didn't look insanely terrible on me. We met up with Josh for lunch after this "great" shopping spree, and he could tell I was down. I told him that was the last time I'd go shopping without him there as my personal cheerleader, so I wouldn't feel so "ick" afterwards. He agreed!

It's hard when your body is constantly changing to except and learn how to dress it. If your pregnant or going through physical changes my advice, other then bringing a cheerleader along shopping, is to find what you feel good in and stick with it. If you feel like your thighs are large then wear long shorts or pants, If your butts growing bigger and bigger wear shirts that are longer to hide the butt. If you have one pair of pants that you LOve wear them everyday, why not! (just do wash them at some point).

No comments:

Post a Comment