Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Conversation piece...My Belly

So I have reached the point in pregnancy that it is very apparent that I am pregnant, and the whole world wants to talk about it. In one shopping day I was asked over 6 times when I was due and what I was having. These questions are usually welcomed, what pregnant women doesn't want to talk about her baby. But some strangers take it even farther. I haven't had strangers ask to touch my belly, thank God because being touched by strangers is just too weird for me. I was in line at Walmart and the lady in front of me wanted to talk about my pregnancy, which was fine, but then she started talking about how much raising a teenage girl sucks... Not exactly what I care to hear Lady! But that was nothing compared to the lady at Target. I was walking (quite fast) from the dressing room to meet my mom, I passed by a women pushing a shopping cart with her son. Just after we passed each other, she yelled out, "IT"S A BOY!" ....Really, rude lady, do you usually yell out unwanted and uninformed information at strangers. If you do, that's probably not a bright idea. I was so shocked by her that I said nothing, just continued walking with a "what the heck just happened face on". Now that is just taking it to far. So if you see a pregnant women don't yell out your guess as to what she might be having... she will just think you are a moron.

No comments:

Post a Comment