Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Ultrasound

We went in on Wednesday June 2, 2010 9:30 am. For me 9:30 is a little early to be showered and dressed. Luckily, for me Josh was off work so I had a great alarm clock. Josh was so excited he woke up around 6:00, he so nice enough to not get me up then. When he did wake me up it was to beautiful bright orange roses. He told me that Orange meant anticipation. It was very cute. Nick and My mom went with us to the clinic. The wait seemed unending. I was feeling so inpatient; it was killing me, BOY, GIRL, BOY, GIRL?? I couldn’t take it. After a hellish half-hour, my name was called. Poor Nick had to wait in the waiting room; they would only let two people go back with me. I had crazy nerves; finally, I got to see my growing baby. I got to see if he or she was healthy and whole. All my worries would be silenced AND I would know if Monkey was a little girl or boy. It was overwhelming to say the lease. I pulled my shirt up, my preg. pants down, laid back, and got ready for the show of my life. The lady put some goo on my exposed belly-dump and the show started. It was hard to know what was what but the lady did a great job explaining everything. She showed us the little ones heart and how you could see all four parts. She showed us the tummy and said everything looks healthy. We got to see a little foot, it was amazing. Everything was there; you could see every little bone. I have never seen a cuter foot in my life. Monkey was laying with legs spread and ankles crossed. The Lady asked if we wanted to know the sex, I smiled and eagerly said yes! “See those three things there,” long pause, “those are little GIRL parts.” And with that we knew: Monkey is a girl. Josh and I are having a girl. I was shocked; I thought monkey was a boy and boy was I wrong. My little girl had both of your hands by her face. She was moving those arms. She seems calm and precious. Hopefully she will be this calm and sweet when she is outside of the womb. Josh was "not so thrilled" at first but after about an hour his whole idea changed. He talked about how much he loves his little girl and doesn't even know her yet. I think It is just now real to him. Like seeing her made him realized that this is really happened.
Here she is!! This is a picture of the profile of her face. One hand is up by her face and the other in the left upper corner and looks like she is flipping you off. She has my attitude already.
She's not an alien, just looks kinda like one.

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! This is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your "one-eyed alien"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't our Creator amazing. When you think about everything that had to happen at just the right moment in order for this little girl to come into existance; it's mind bogling. Oh, and tell Josh to just ask any dad who has a little girl...there is a very special relationship there called "daddy's girl". Trust me, he will be gaga over her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard to figure this pic out! But I know when she's here she will be so beautiful and cute, like you. Love you Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I can see her face!!! And her hand, so so cute.

    ReplyDelete