Monday, June 21, 2010

Shopping with him vs. Shopping with a her

Church is like 5 minutes from Carlsbad Outlet mall so a sunday ago, after church, Josh and I went to the mall. Josh's Grandma had given me money the day before so I could buy something for the baby. I'm thinking we'll walk around, get lunch and find something cute for baby. See this sounds like fun to any girl(especially a pregnant one). Shopping, walking, food = fun, Right? Well, not in "man", I soon came to realize. After getting food we walked into the first baby store. First thing Josh does is pick out a cute girl monkey outfit and shows it to me. I think to myself this is going to be SO fun. We are going to hold hands and talk about our future little one. I could do that for hours. What I didn't then realize is that he was thinking, "here is something she might like. We'll buy it and then we can leave." Each store we walked into after that one Josh would just stare at me as to say are you done yet? The experience was a far stretch from going baby shopping with a girlfriend or say my mother. EXAMPLE: The day I found out we are having a girl what do me and my mom do... GO SHoPPINg of course. We went to two different stores, pointed out every cute thing we saw. Looked at the baby hats to match the onesie we bought. Talked about the theme of the nursery. We shopped for two hours and only stopped because my mom had to go to work. At first I thought this is just my husband, I'm alone in this. Then I talked to my pregnant friend and found that this is a common story. She told me how when her and her husband go to Target he will put her between himself and the shopping chart, in order to keep her from the baby aisle. So the solution is simple ladies find a "her" to shop with and get him to pay for it!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think my husband is the exception to this rule. He is the one I have to grab to keep away from the baby section when we do our grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. ESPECIALLY since we don't even know what we are having yet. I swear he picks up every thing in the store and shows it to me and I nod and he moves onto the next cute thing. LoL I have also caught him online multiple times looking at stollers and carseats and cribs...it's hilarious because I have done NONE of this yet. I think I will go crazy though when I find out the gender and people will have to drag us out of the baby stores. LOL. I wish you were here friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd take you and your husband shopping!!!! And we'd let Josh go surfing.

    ReplyDelete