Monday, April 12, 2010

Symptoms or the Side effects

We have all seen the commercials on tv, they promise if you take this pill whatever illness you have will go away, but toward the end of the commercial they list off for ten minutes all the possible side effects, death usually being one of them. When I see these, I think to myself, why take the pill at all. The side effects are worse then the symptoms. This is no longer a commercial I watched but my life.

Everyone tells you during pregnancy you have to go to the bathroom ALOT. And, I did. I wake up in the middle of the night, every night, and use the poody. My husband says it this way, every night I hurl myself out of bed, throw open the door, slam on the light switch and flop on the towelette seat. ( I don't like waking up just to pee). But I thought this was just normal preg stuff. Then, my last trip to the doctor I found out it wasn't just normal preg stuff I had a UTI (urinary track infection). No big deal the doctor gave me a prescription and I sent my husband off to fill it. My husband comes back with a little pill bottle and 33 $ less in our account. Stupid pricey pills.

Well, here is where all the fun begins. That night I take the pill, no thought about it. The next morning I wake up just a little more dizzy then usual. I got up took another pill and eat something. Well, mid morning I had to use the bathroom, not to pee this time. OH, my gosh!!! I never wanted to poop again. While going I had this lovely ache in my back and I was on there awhile. The smell, oh, my. Afterward I sat on my couch wanting to cry, my back still hurting and something else burning. So then I thought is this from my prescription??? I went to the three pages of symptoms they gave me and started reading. " gas, headache, loss of appetite, mild diarrhea, or nausea. Also dizziness, drowsiness" For me the "or" was bull I have ALL of them. and the word mild, if this is mild I never want spicy.

Sorry, about my bluntness, as I said on face book this is my place to vent. And I did tell my husband all about this. In fact I called him not long after this experience.

So, moral of the story is read the side effects before taking the medicine and it may be better to not take the prescription at all. Peeing in the middle of the night is annoying, but not as annoying as being stuck at home because your afraid of having to use anyone elses restroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment